Thursday, May 30, 2024

Olympia High School Australian exchange student Anne Virgo...this one is for you!

If a family owns a house for many decades as we did with ours
the contents begin to form a story. The tale of the home that unfolds as one enters is often rich with the history of its occupants
and their varied lifestyles.

Our basement was no exception, in fact,
if the walls could speak it would describe everything from
World War II artifacts to the early Apple video iPod that I owned.

Anne Virgo, an Australian exchange student,
and I created this mural based on a photo in a book
she had as part of an art assignment that paired
students up in high school Art class.

I can’t seem to find that the original exists anywhere online.
Any cybersleuths out there?
Let me know its history, I am quite curious. Thanks!

No comments: