Monday, June 3, 2024

Halfway across the world

I recently won a Voucher from Outré Gallery in Australia.
It was so exciting as they represent two artists that are my faves:
Derek Yaniger and Martin Harris.

 After much deliberation, I went with Martin Harris
whose work I had at the top of my list. He had a Big Eye Zebra
which is perfect for my Jungle/Forest themed
Art Studio which clinched the deal.

Equus Ferus (The Zebra) 
by Martin Harris

Edition of 200
(Have no idea which number I will receive--
when they are out they are gone for forever)

 Before it can live happily in its new home, it must
first travel halfway around the world.
Today it is on its way in West Sunshine, Australia.
(Technically, the halfway point is in Kapaa, but close enough.)
"Good things come to those who wait."

Sadly Martin Harris passed in 2021, but I did have a brief chat
with him once privately on Insta. I thought he was so talented
in many ways so it was truly heartbreaking news.
Thanks again to Outré Gallery who gave out 50 Vouchers.
Cheers!

UPDATE #1
My Zebra art is now in LA! 
It made it to the States.


UPDATE #2
LA is holding it hostage! 

UPDATE #3 
He has arrived.
June 14, 2024.
He said I have an accent. 😂
He is number 24/200 of the
exclusive Martin Harris Equus Ferus
big-eyed species. 


UPDATE #4 (FINAL):
Here is the proof that I've been receiving emails
from the Outré Gallery since 2004.
It would no longer open as an email,
but I could get the data as a script file (.scpt).
Looks like January 18, 2004 was my start date, 20 years ago:











No comments: