Tuesday, February 20, 2024

Happy Birthday, Kurt Cobain - February 20, 1967

I came across this photo of Kurt Cobain today and it’s now my favorite. It has such a happy innocent vibe to it. I kept trying to think of where I had seen that look before and it was from the old, vintage Big Eye characters.They always kind of melted my heart, they still do. The house that I live in is a Big Eye Art Gallery, it is in every room. I decided that Kurt need a golden aura so gave him one in photoshop—he certainly meant a lot to many people.
I’ve been planning on writing a blog on him since last summer when I saw him wearing a WSU shirt. I had plans to slightly alter it but didn’t get to it. Today I was inspired again. When I looked up his birthday I realized it was about to happen in mere hours—a true coincidence.
Kurt and I have a few commonalities, so I listed some for fun. My Kurt Cobain Connections • While growing up we were 50 miles apart (Olympia to Aberdeen). • I was 7 years older than him so we were not in High School at the same time, but my high school played his, Aberdeen, in sports as part of the Black Hills League. • We used to drive from Oly to nearby Aberdeen on the 101 as part of our Camping Trip to the Olympic Mountains every summer, sometimes making a stop there if time. • My Dad used to wear golf sweaters, golf and at Ocean Shores, and salmon fish at Wesport. • We both wore fake Vampire teeth as kids.
(I had a crush on a boy in 6th grade who looked like him, I’ll have to find that photo.) • We both wore wildly printed 70’s polyester shirts. • We both went to the Re-Bar. • We both wore WSU Shirts. I had to alter his because it had the wrong sorority on it! • We both owned Magnavox white Sparky TV’s
• We both were empaths who could feel the pain of others (I still am).
• He lived under 3 miles from our family home when he moved to Olympia. (I was not living there at that time).
There’s already a rumor that Betty White was an Alpha Gam, but did you know that Kurt Cobain was an AGD Houseboy at WSU?

No comments: