Sunday, April 28, 2024

The Iconic "Owls In Love" painting UPDATE! New photo

I've been heavily researching through old photos for some time now and preparing them for storytelling. I came across another pic of the Owls in our Living Room from around 1982. It's too bad I wasn't back just a bit more so we could see more of the Owls. My Farrah Hair is sort of blocking them!


This photo must have been staged as my lips are super glossy in my signature look: L'Oreal French Lip Gloss in a pot. That went everywhere with me! I wore a dark burgandy-red shade. eBay actually has a photo of one right now (wrong shade though, but close enough).


Also of significance: White jeans were big back in the 80’s as well as golden tans. I’m holding a Sandra Boynton book (think it was an address book). She exploded big back then and I used to draw her cat because it was so cute. I researched her and she made multi-millions over the years and is still creating. :)

 I seem to recall that I had a slim-style gold-toned Seiko watch. I had many different styles of watches back then as they were fairly affordable in the 70's and 80's. This particular watch was sleek and sophisticated with a white face.I should google it one day and see if I can find it. I believe the sides had a diagonal pattern set in gold.Bracelet watches were also a thing. I had another one that had vertical lines (gold color as well).


Our coffee table was off-white marble with brown veins and it was oblong in size which paired perfectly with the couch. The couch had a fancy golden black and brown design, but it doesn't show up. I believe the couch came from Selden's Home Furnishings, still in business in Olympia.

We had the classic crystal cut ashtray that you see in films and streaming show like Mad Men whenever they're in the 50's and 60's--everyone had them. No one in our house even smoked, but yet there it was for the visitors who did need to stink up our living room. My Dad had a couple of golf buddies who used cigars, those were particularly foul smelling. Despite that, every time I see those in the media along with some other items I smile a bit. Ahhh, memories.


I always kept my stack of subscription magazines on the table: Seventeen when I was younger, then Glamour and others. As an artist/designer I was interested in all of it and even had a fashionista stage in life. I subscribed to Architectural Digest too, because I've always loved interior design and still do. I hope I can still find the photo of my parents on the couch with the Owls. Keeping my fingers crossed!

No comments: