Monday, September 26, 2011

The Little Water Bearer


I always photograph Angel statues when I come across them,
and at first I thought this sweet little girl
(who was kind of tucked away a bit)
belonged to the winged family--but she is a water carrier.


The owner, a nearby neighbor, has the most beautiful garden area,
and I had previously remarked to her how I enjoy it
every single time I pass through.

She told me that someone once tried to steal her girl,
that's how she got the crack in the middle of her waist.

We chatted a bit and she said that she has Angels in her back yard
and invited me over for tea and to photograph them
if I'd like. So you see, I found them after all...not only that,
but this woman seems a bit saintly herself, and I like that. 

"Before enlightenment; chop wood, carry water.
After enlightenment; chop wood, carry water.”

~ Zen Proverb





No comments: