Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Is "Big Eyes" the film about artist Margaret Keane coming out?



In addition to being excited about "Alice In Wonderland" in 2010
I've been trying to find out more about the movie "Big Eyes"
based on the Godmother of the Big Eye art movement,
Margaret Keane, but little info has yet to be released.


Hudson Eyes Painter Role:
"Kate Hudson, probably looking for a little respect
and some of that Frida/Pollock Oscar action,
steps into the role of artist Margaret Keane, who
wielded a brush before a federal judge to prove she,
not her husband, painted her famously big-eyed waifs.
Big Eyes, a sympathetic look at a seminal seventies
trash-culture figure, is (natch) the directorial debut of
Man on the Moon and The People vs. Larry Flynt
screenwriters Scott Alexander and
Larry Karaszewski."


~ Source: Variety


So I decided to find a picture of Kate that looked like
one of Keane's paintings then I heavily worked my
photoshop magic on her until she looked like this:
Kate Hudson turns into a big eye character
Can't wait for this film to come out!


I have made myself Big Eye in the past,
here I am simulating a Blythe doll with little Riffy:

Blthye Big Eye Doll Big Eye Art Blue Eyes Girls

For more of my Big Eye art, 
please visit: GioLovesYou...thanks!

1 comment:

The Artful Gypsy aka Wendy the Very Good Witch said...

Hey...I like the big eye art! Being a real life version of 'Big Eyes', I can fully relate...ha!